FINAL Training for Cancer Health Care Professionals in Biopsychosoical Pain Management and Quality Improvement 2023
No cost to participate, funded by National Cancer Institute (NCI)
CE Credits Offered
This is a training series that will cover the following courses:
APRIL 25, 9 - 10 AM PDT / 12 - 1 PM EDT or 12 - 1 PM PDT / 3 - 4 PM EDT:
Welcome and Program Introduction
APRIL 27, 9 - 10 AM PDT / 12 - 1 PM EDT:
Lecture 1: Successful interdisciplinary biopsychosocial pain management model
MAY 2, 9 - 10:30 AM PDT / 12 - 1:30 PM EDT or May 4, 11 - 12:30 PM PDT / 2 - 3:30 PM EDT:
Lecture 2: CBT Interventions for Pain
MAY 9, 12 - 1:30 PM PDT / 3 - 4:30 PM EDT or May 11, 9 – 10:30 AM PDT / 12 - 1:30 PM EDT:
Lecture 3: Problem Solving Education
MAY 16, 9 - 10:30 AM PDT / 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM EDT or May 18, 11 - 12:30 PM PDT / 2 PM - 3:30 PM EDT:
Lecture 4: CBT Interventions for Sleep
MAY 18, 9 - 10 AM PDT / 12 - 1 PM EDT:
Lecture 5: Pain Intervention Model Program and Panel Discussion
MAY 23, 9 - 10:30 AM PDT / 12 - 1:30 PM EDT or 12 - 1:30 PM PDT / 3 - 4:30 PM EDT:
Lecture 6: Quality Improvement Plans for Cancer Pain Management
Cancer Healthcare Professionals
This intensive skills-based program is designed to provide you with clinical and implementation skills to provide nonpharmacological cancer pain care and bring these services to your cancer care setting. Learning outcomes include Biopsychosocial approaches to cancer pain and Quality improvement strategies.
Commitment to participate in the following is required:
- 5 Pre-workshop webinars (pre-recorded)
- 6 live webinars (Zoom)
- 2 faculty-trainee follow-up conference calls
The training program will be limited to 60 participants. Applications are reviewed by a committee based on the criteria below. Notice of approval will be emailed to applicants on a first come first serve basis.
- The model application includes a highly motivated individual or team with the ability to apply the newly learned skills upon returning to their home setting.
- Multidisciplinary teams from the same institution are encouraged to apply to promote implementation of skills.
- An application is required for each individual participating.
- Other specialties will be considered.
- Applications will not be considered until ALL questions are completed.
The Application is Now Closed